The Home Affairs Department commissioned Hong Kong Community Network to establish the LINK Centre in Kwai Tsing to overcome difficulties arising from adapting to life in Hong Kong. The centre facilitates and accelerates the process of integrating EMs into the community, enable them to access to public services without being discriminated and, enhance young EMs to unfold their potentials and enrich their psychological well-being.
We envision every EM can achieve his/her dreams using his/her fullest potential, participate in and contribute to all aspects of life, and enjoy harmonious relations in our community.
- Catering the needs of EMs in Hong Kong and Kwai Tsing district in particular
- Empower EMs with language efficiency and job related knowledge and skills to attain social capability
- Enable EMs to alleviate poverty through better networking skills and knowledge of community resources
- Create opportunities for EMs to participate in and contribute to community building
- Enhance mutual understanding between EMs and the local community to facilitate community cohesiveness
L – Linkage: Linkage is the function of connecting EMs to the community and hence accessing public services
I – Integrate: Integrate is adjacent to realize social and racial harmonious relations
N – Needs: Needs are the motivators for actions against difficulties
K – Knowledge: Knowledge is the power overcoming barriers
- Assist EMs to break the language barrier and encourage them to interact with local people as well as becoming responsible citizens of Hong Kong
- Assist EMs to attain equal educational opportunities and to reduce the risk of falling into poverty and inter-generational poverty
- Assist EMs to build social network and enhance social capital
- Assist EMs to adapt multi-cultural environment and to achieve social integration